Monday, August 16, 2010

Almost there!!

Today I walked into Kate's room and she SMILED!!!!! What a treat. I have missed that smile so much. It wasn't her biggest smile, but it was definitely there. And then, as if that wasn't treat enough, she giggled a soft giggle and then spent the next hour touching my face and my faux hawk. I believe she is starting to feel better!

The chest tubes will come out tomorrow, and with that she will get to lose the oxygen tube/mask in her nose. She is going to be SO happy about that. The best part about tomorrow will be getting to finally hold her.

And then....she's comin' home!! Probably Wednesday, if not then Thursday. How about that?? It seems to take forever, and then at the end, the time just flies. I am glad we are in the flying stage now.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. She's got a whole lot of love, this little one.

Much love,
Team Kate

1 comment: